Friday, March 1, 2013

Fakers, Takers, & Trouble Makers

Stack that pyre higher, black scat liar for hire.

Wait.. What??

That phrase may seem confusing for those who don't know the meaning of the words.
What I was getting at is that a liar, who does it for personal gain, stacks a destructive and volatile pile of crap. It may be questionable as to who will suffer at the hands of this destructive game, but we all like to think that only the reaper harvests what he sowed.
If only that were the only way it ends.

I like to make word play that truly resembles something true. I don't think it matters to make up an issue and try to give it weight just so I can pretend there is distress to an issue that doesn't exist.
Call me a realist who has a strong intuition for the surreal and the ideological. I call myself an artist who is trapped in a body that is subject to reality. Instead of trying to escape I pursue a method of describing my perception in a roundabout way. In the case of this outlet, which is one of many in my life, I choose to talk about things all people can relate to. That isn't to say that anyone will agree with how I feel or what I think should be done.

The irony of the title of this post is that we have all been in a position where we became one of those three things, two of the three, or even all three. Anyone who claims to never have taken advantage of a situation selfishly, caused some trouble for someone, or faked an attitude/persona is lying; at worse it's a lie to yourself if you are brainwashed into a perception of your self-proclaimed righteousness.
I don't want to focus on telling everyone that they have all rolled around in the dirt, that is a distraction from the real problem which is the fight to stand up and go so far as to help others out of the dirt.
Society in most countries enjoys portraying a civic duty to help the fellow man. We hear a lot about people giving to charities, people going to countries abroad just to lend financial and medical aid.. We even hear about the 'great' politicians whose ideology is the social well being for all of mankind.
Then as soon as we turn around.. More innocent people are dying.. Starvation is still rampant.. Young children are afflicted with disease.. Young girls are being kidnapped for the sex-slave business.. Racism and every other form of bigotry is practiced.. You name the atrocities and I guarantee we can find a place where it is out of control on this planet.
Does it bother me?
You're damn right it bothers me. I find it absolutely disturbing. What bothers me most is that I can't do much to stop it. I can't give enough of my time, money, or energy to stop it. The most I can do is not sit down for it or watch it happen right in front of me. Which is a whole lot better than sitting on the couch and shedding tears when the TV gives the cue to do so. Then again.. I look at that idiot box as a form of manipulation also.

One thing that really gets on my nerves when I think about this world is that people try to convince me that their situation is truly unique. So unique that no one could possibly understand what they are going through. I understand very well that no two situations are identical, based on what is under the surface of each individual; let alone the possibilities that rise from any given choice.
However, there is a line that turns any situation asinine.
Why? Because the power of the human mind is to be able to imagine things that aren't a part of reality, or never were, and be subjected to the imagination as if it literally happened. It is hard enough for myself to discern reality from the imagination when you aren't presented with something physical, it requires consistency and confirmation of some kind that exists outside of your own head. Even at that, the mind has a terribly bad habit of misconstruing information from the senses; hallucinogenics anyone?
Even bad communication, incorrectly taught principles, and cognitive dissonance are on the list of culprits that trick the mind to believe a reality that is false.
That is why people who manipulate things to intentionally trick a mind are the hardest people to fight.

Define the manipulation how you want, there's many flavors for the same act.
This world needs to wake up. We can cry all day about how we need to change the world, but the fact is that we need to work on ourselves first. The world can't change unless people stop being so lethargic, believing that problems can be solved with a phone call and a credit card number.
The least we can do is teach the next generation the true value of not succumbing to the behavior that spawns all the affliction the world suffers at human hands.